Monday, August 23, 2010

30 Aug.. Forced leave.

Our president has declared that 30 Aug is a public holiday in MMU which in the response to support the Green campaign. By doing so, they are able to shut down the chiller plant (aircond) from 28 till 31 Aug for 4 days. In another words, can save a lot of money.

But did MMU aware that the sudden announcement really mess up every academician's life? For those who have class on 30 and 31 august, we need to do the replacement class... and they are so many classes carried on during these two days... Everyone is rushing to grab a slot for the replacement....

I was the unlucky one who scheduled the labtest to be held on 28 aug. So after the announcement, I planned to reschedule it so that everyone could sit for the labtest in air conditioning environment. But badly, i failed to do the replacement on 1 sept, 2 sept and 3 sept as there are many exams will be organizing in each of these days. Many of the students can't make it. And worst is, I can't make it on the study week, as it has declared that whole week has to be mandotary leave (forced leave again).... sigh... then after the study week, the final exam week comes.

So no choice, I will have to stick back to my original plan which is on 28 Aug. I don't know how many ppl will curse me for having such arrangement. No aircond for a labtest. I know everyone will be sweating a lot then. I had told my students about it. Keep saying sorry to them today. They didn't have any strong objection. maybe after the labtest, they will curse me for letting them to sweat like hell? haha. Feel very sorry for my colleagues as well, they are the unlucky one to be picked to invigilate for me; and yet they are the unlucky one to invigilate a labtest without aircond....

This is the first labtest which made me a sleepless night yesterday. A very difficult situation and feel so sorry. Stupid forced leave!

4 comments:

蓝蓝 said...

sc, maybe u can try to email to the person in charge notify you ady schedule the test on 28aug.

csc said...

yz, they won't cancel their green support just becoz of me a little staff..... >.<

Frida said...

i need to invi 2 lab tests, morning and afternoon >.<

csc said...

sauna the whole day long ^o^

Post a Comment